Interview Questions for Science Teachers:
1. Describe a time when you were asked a difficult question in class. What happened?
Evaluates the candidate’s ability to handle curveballs and also to remain professional at all times.
2. You have a student whose religious beliefs clash with Evolution. What do you do?
Tests the candidate’s ability to teach and be tolerant of students with different beliefs and cultural backgrounds.
3. Can you describe how you would create a lesson plan?
Tests knowledge of science, as well as teaching, organizational, and planning skills.
4. How would you ensure students remain safe during field trips?
Evaluates leadership and management techniques outside of the classroom.
5. What is the most engaging lesson you have delivered so far?
Reveals more about the candidate’s teaching abilities, experience, and overall skill level.