Sales Applications Engineer Job Description Template
We are seeking a knowledgeable sales applications engineer to create high-end applications that will increase our company's sales. In this role, your duties will include developing software applications, tracking consumer trends, and training our sales department on the technical specifications of applications. You will also be required to provide support to our clients.
To ensure success as a sales applications engineer, you should demonstrate extensive experience in application engineering, as well as in-depth knowledge of a sales environment. Outstanding sales applications engineers ensure that their application expertise translates to product innovation and increased sales.
Sales Applications Engineer Responsibilities:
- Performing analyses of software applications and services.
- Ensuring that product offerings and functionalities are aligned with consumer trends.
- Consulting with management and sales teams on product development.
- Performing application installations, updates, and maintenance.
- Training salespeople on product specifications and service offerings.
- Evaluating system performance metrics and improving front-end functionality.
- Supporting clients with application installations, system optimization, and troubleshooting.
- Improving application functionality by incorporating client feedback.
- Reviewing product specifications and analyzing competitor behavior.
- Performing diagnostic tests and resolving logged errors.
Sales Applications Engineer Requirements:
- A bachelor's degree in software engineering, computer engineering, computer science, information technology, or similar.
- Extensive experience in application engineering in a sales environment.
- Advanced knowledge of software application development, installation, and maintenance.
- Ability to liaise with management and the sales department on application development.
- Proficiency in training sales staff on product specifications and application functionalities.
- Exceptional ability to drive application innovation by analyzing consumer and competitor trends.
- Ability to evaluate client feedback and improve front end application functionality.
- Advanced ability to document processes, run diagnostic tests, and repair errors.
- Proficiency in providing clients with technical product and services support.