Also known as Sales Engineers, Sales Applications Engineers ensure that sales departments have quality applications assisting them with product and service sales. They develop software applications, drive application innovation, and assist clients with front end support.
When interviewing Sales Applications Engineers, accomplished candidates will demonstrate extensive experience in developing software applications and providing technical support. Avoid candidates with limited experience working in a sales environment and those who fail to communicate effectively.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Sales Applications Engineers:
1. Can you tell me about your experience working with sales staff?
Highlights the candidate's experience in collaborating with sales teams.
2. Can you describe a time when you successfully developed a new application?
Evaluates application development knowledge and industry experience.
3. Can you explain some application features you added that users found helpful?
Reveals whether the candidate has insight in front end application requirements.
4. Sales demand an immediate fix to a complex application fault. What do you do?
Assesses interpersonal and problem-solving skills, as well as their experience.
5. Can you tell me how you train salespeople on application functionality?
Tests the candidate's insight into the need for product training and how they approach it.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources