Interview Questions for Sales Applications Engineers:
1. Can you tell me about your experience working with sales staff?
Highlights the candidate's experience in collaborating with sales teams.
2. Can you describe a time when you successfully developed a new application?
Evaluates application development knowledge and industry experience.
3. Can you explain some application features you added that users found helpful?
Reveals whether the candidate has insight into front end application requirements.
4. Sales demand an immediate fix to a complex application fault. What do you do?
Assesses interpersonal and problem-solving skills, as well as their experience.
5. Can you tell me how you train salespeople on application functionality?
Tests the candidate's insight into the need for product training and how they approach it.