Sales and Marketing Managers advertise and sell products to create competitive advantages for their company and to promote the company's existing brands or introduce new products to the market. They also supervise both the sales and the marketing teams to ensure they meet the company's sales and marketing objectives.
When interviewing Sales and Marketing Managers, look for candidates who demonstrate exceptional sales, communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills. Take note of candidates who lack in-depth knowledge and understanding of market trends.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Sales and Marketing Managers:
1. How would you react if a client rejected your marketing pitch?
Demonstrates candidates' interpersonal skills as well as their ability to handle rejection and work under pressure.
2. What methods do you use to ensure you consistently meet your sales and marketing goals?
Demonstrates candidates' knowledge and experience, as well as their creative thinking skills.
3. What do you believe is more important: strong visibility of the product or closing the deal?
Demonstrates candidates' understanding of the position and the balance required between marketing and sales.
4. How would you structure a marketing budget?
Demonstrates candidates' analytical and financial skills, as well as their knowledge of marketing.
5. What would you say to a sales representative who has missed his or her quota for the last few months?
Demonstrates candidates' managerial, leadership, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources