Safety Coordinators, also known as Safety Managers, assess health and safety standards in the workplace. The Safety Coordinator creates educational programs for staff to improve on-site safety and investigates any on-site accidents.
When interviewing Safety Coordinators, the ideal candidate should have excellent attention to detail. Be wary of candidates with poor communication skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Safety Coordinators:
1. How do you educate on-site personnel regarding safety procedures and how do you ensure their safety?
The candidate’s answer will demonstrate knowledge of on-site safety requirements and equipment, and the candidate's ability to train personnel.
2. What steps would you take when investigating an on-site accident?
Reveals the candidate's approach to evaluating safety.
3. Has there been an occasion where you developed a new health policy? How did you implement it?
Look for candidates who demonstrate creative thinking, as well as knowledge of current health trends.
4. How would you handle a negative reaction from a management team member when attempting to implement a new health and safety regulation?
Demonstrates interpersonal skills and the ability to negotiate with upper management.
5. What relevant certifications do you have?
This shows the candidate's qualifications for the job.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources