Interview Questions for Purchasing Officers:
1. A supplier you have used for years suddenly becomes unreliable. What do you do?
Tests interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to make difficult decisions under pressure.
2. Which questions would you ask a potential supplier or vendor in an interview?
Reveals research skills and the ability to identify suitable suppliers and vendors.
3. What are your most successful negotiation strategies for dealing with suppliers?
Highlights negotiation, communication, interpersonal, and problem-solving skills.
4. Someone you know is stealing stock. How do you proceed?
Demonstrates the candidate’s level of integrity and personal code of ethics.
5. Can you describe a time when your purchasing decision benefitted a company?
Shows the candidate’s potential and their problem-solving skills.