Purchasing Associate Job Description Template
We are looking for a dynamic purchasing associate to join our company. In this role, you'll be responsible for procuring company equipment, supplies, and services according to the outlined budget. Your duties will also include establishing positive relationships with our vendors and maintaining a detailed record of all purchase orders.
To ensure success as a purchasing associate, you should have excellent customer service skills and the ability to interact effectively with a variety of staff members in all departments. Ultimately, an outstanding purchasing associate should have strong business acumen, as well as a detailed, nuanced understanding of the buying process.
Purchasing Associate Responsibilities:
- Creating purchasing orders and procuring company goods and services based on an approved budget.
- Performing research and communicating with vendors and suppliers to find the best goods and services for the company.
- Creating a database of invoices, purchase orders, quote requests, vendor or supplier contracts, and updating it as needed.
- Establishing and developing good working relationships with vendors and suppliers.
- Reviewing all purchase-related documents for errors before it is sent to the accounting department.
- Tracking and maintaining the status of orders, and reporting any delivery issues to affected supervisors.
- Responding to emergency requests and expediting orders as needed.
- Creating monthly and annual purchase reports for management review.
- Ensuring all purchased goods and services are up to company standards and in compliance with relevant federal or state laws.
Purchasing Associate Requirements:
- A bachelor's degree in finance, business, or a similar field.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience as a purchasing associate, or a similar role.
- Excellent knowledge of financial best practices and the buying process.
- Working knowledge of procurement management software, such as Fraxion, Pipefy, and Precoro.
- Good customer service skills.
- The ability to create strong working relationships with personnel, suppliers, and management.
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy.
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills.