Project schedulers develop and manage schedules for projects, mainly in the fields of construction and engineering. They assist project managers with schedule planning, coordinate tasks, and monitor the timelines of scheduled assignments. They may also identify potential scheduling delays and facilitate remedial action.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Project Scheduler Job Description Template
We are seeking a highly organized project scheduler to implement and oversee project schedules. In this role, you will be collaborating with project managers, setting tasks, and monitoring the execution of project timelines. You may also prepare project progress and performance evaluation reports.
To ensure success, project schedulers should possess solid industry knowledge and demonstrable experience in project scheduling. A top-notch project scheduler will be someone whose expertise leads to to the successful realization of envisaged project goals.
Project Scheduler Responsibilities:
- Consulting with project managers and technical experts to set up assignments, tasks, and subtasks.
- Developing, implementing, and maintaining an effective scheduling management system.
- Coordinating project timelines with internal departments and external stakeholders.
- Monitoring project timelines and deadlines.
- Identifying potential project schedule delays and facilitating intervention in a timeous manner.
- Evaluating performance and preparing project progress reports.
- Accommodating updates and changes to project schedules.
- Recommending actions to keep projects within budget, and completed on time.
- Keeping stakeholders informed of project timelines and deadlines.
- Documenting project scheduling processes and maintaining records.
Project Scheduler Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in project management, or in a related field.
- Certification as a PMI scheduling professional (PMI-SP) will be advantageous.
- A minimum of two years' experience as a project scheduler in a related industry.
- Advanced proficiency in project scheduling software, such as monday.com and MS Projects.
- Extensive experience in schedule planning and management.
- In-depth knowledge of the scope of projects within the industry.
- Advanced ability to evaluate project progress and facilitate interventions.
- Ability to keep stakeholders informed of project timelines and changes.
- Excellent organizational, time-management, and communication skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources