Project consultants contribute their operational, strategic, or technical expertise to projects. They collaborate with clients to determine project parameters, develop project plans in line with business objectives, and assign project tasks and resources. They also monitor the progress of each project stage and facilitate necessary interventions.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Project Consultant Job Description Template
We are looking for a highly capable project consultant to help our business achieve its goals. You will be developing a project plan in collaboration with designated stakeholders, delegating resources to project tasks, and presenting project progress updates to our senior executives.
To ensure success as a project consultant, you should demonstrate extensive experience as a project consultant and the ability to provide leadership and guidance. An outstanding project consultant will be someone whose expertise in project management translates into the successful realization of a business's goals.
Project Consultant Responsibilities:
- Determining the scope of projects via consultation and investigation.
- Analyzing the strengths, weaknesses, and risks of existing project plans, as well as recommending improvements.
- Identifying project parameters and specifications.
- Performing cost calculations and coordinating budgets with financial departments.
- Allocating personnel and resources to project tasks.
- Collaborating across departments to set realistic project targets and timeframes.
- Providing guidance and monitoring the progress made with each project stage.
- Facilitating suitable interventions to prevent costly delays.
- Presenting project progress updates to senior executives.
Project Consultant Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in project management, business administration, or a related discipline.
- A minimum of 5 years' experience in project consultancy.
- Extensive industry knowledge.
- Advance proficiency in project management software.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Ability to collaborate with a variety of stakeholders.
- Great organizational and time-management skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources