A Product Developer manages the process of developing a product or enhancing existing products in order to meet customer expectations effectively. Product Developers conduct research, develop proposals, and supervise the design process.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Product Developer Job Description Template
We are looking for a Product Developer to be responsible for creating and developing new products and improving existing products. The responsibilities of a Product Developer include conducting market research, collaborating with marketing, technical and manufacturing specialists, and developing prototypes.
To be successful as a Product Developer, you should have engineering and design knowledge, solid knowledge of the prototype design process, and strong written and verbal communication skills. Ultimately, a good Product Developer should be highly innovative, possess the ability to problem-solve and work well within a team.
Product Developer Responsibilities:
- Creating and enhancing products that fill a niche in the market or allow their clients to remain competitive.
- Determining product specifications according to a number of various factors and uses.
- Supporting manufacturing and design activities by developing prototypes for products in development.
- Consulting market research materials and sales data to ensure that products are viable and competitive.
- Submitting proposals and designs for evaluation by the project team and management before moving to the next stage.
Product Developer Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Industrial Design.
- Proven working experience as a Product Developer or in related field.
- Be comfortable using prototyping equipment (3D printers and CNC machines).
- Be comfortable using Design software (SOLIDWORKS and Autodesk).
- Work well within a team.
- Creative and innovative thinking skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources