Product Analysts analyze market data to assist companies in developing marketing strategies for a product. They make comparisons between a company’s product and industry trends to ensure that a product is suitable and profitable.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Product Analyst Job Description Template
We are looking for a motivated and energetic product analyst to assist us in recommending the best products and launch strategies to increase company profitability. The Product Analyst responsibilities include working closely with different departments within the company, analyzing product data to make product recommendations, interviewing customers to receive customer feedback, and compiling product data. You should be able to study products on the market in order to create a better product.
To be successful as a Product Analyst, you should be able to monitor product performance on the market to meet or exceed sales forecasts. A top-performing Product Analyst is able to ensure that product costs remain within company budgets.
Product Analyst Responsibilities:
- Evaluate the company products and compare them against industry trends.
- Develop an understanding of company products to meet the company's current and future needs.
- Provide assistance with product and rating reviews.
- Develop and oversee small to medium scale projects.
- Analyze metrics to continually improve company products.
- Contribute to company operations, such as costing, inventory control, planning, and budgeting.
- Assist the company in achieving short and long-term goals relating to product growth.
- Work with other company departments to improve the analysis and presentation of products.
Product Analyst Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Economics, Mathematics or any related field.
- Previous product analysis experience.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, Powerpoint) is preferred.
- Proficient in database software.
- Strong communication skills.
- The ability to work under pressure and adapt to change.
- The ability to balance customer needs against the company’s vision.
- Excellent time management skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources