Produce Clerks typically work in grocery stores or in the produce section of a store and are responsible for stocking products, ensuring all items for sale are fresh and safe to eat as well as providing friendly and efficient customer service.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Produce Clerk Job Description Template
We are looking for a motivated and friendly Produce Clerk to be responsible for the stocking and arranging of fruit and vegetables. The Produce Clerk's duties include following health and safety regulations, ordering stock, ensuring that all produce available to customers is fresh, and providing first-rate customer service. You should be able to perform all physical aspects of the job such as lifting, carrying, climbing ladders, squatting and standing for long periods of time.
To be successful as a Produce Clerk, you should have a working knowledge of fruit and vegetables and know the difference between ripe produce and produce that should be discarded. An outstanding Produce Clerk should have a positive attitude and ensure customers receive an excellent shopping experience.
Produce Clerk Responsibilities:
- Greeting customers and assisting them with questions, recommendations and reaching for items.
- Maintaining suitable inventory levels, ordering stock, receiving deliveries and noting discrepancies.
- Stocking produce and rotating fresh fruit and vegetables.
- Ensuring all produce is fresh and safe to eat.
- Removing produce that shows signs of spoilage.
- Setting up, maintaining and deconstructing product displays.
- Maintaining a clean and organized shopping environment.
- Following health regulations and safety standards.
- Performing any additional duties assigned by the store manager.
Produce Clerk Requirements:
- High School Diploma/GED preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Working knowledge of produce quality, hygiene, safety, and food preparation.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Basic math skills.
- Ability to perform all physical aspects of the job such as lifting and carrying heavy items, climbing ladders, squatting and standing for long periods of time.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources