Pricing analysts help businesses determine competitive pricing strategies to gain market share and achieve revenue goals. They analyze data from multiple sources, develop complex pricing models, and collaborate with sales and marketing teams to develop sales strategies.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Pricing Analyst Job Description Template
We are looking for an innovative pricing analyst to increase our business's competitiveness and profitability. In this role, you will be analyzing competitor pricing, preparing market share and revenue forecasts, and comparing the outcomes of different pricing strategies.
To ensure success as a pricing analyst, you should possess sound knowledge of quantitative and qualitative data analysis methods and experience in a similar role. An accomplished pricing analyst is someone who can translate pricing data into actionable profit-enhancing strategies.
Pricing Analyst Responsibilities:
- Assessing data from a variety of sources to gain insights into pricing strategies and market trends.
- Analyzing competitor pricing and market trends to increase market share and profitability.
- Tracking customer engagement to develop effective pricing strategies for products and offerings.
- Applying statistical modeling methods to determine the potential impact of pricing strategies on profitability.
- Recommending pricing strategies that align closely with market trends and identifying new market segments.
- Forecasting revenue and market share based on market trends, production costs, profit margins, and sales volumes.
- Collaborating with sales and marketing departments on developing and implementing competitive pricing strategies.
- Developing dynamic pricing tools to effectively respond to changing market needs and trends.
- Preparing and presenting pricing analysis findings to executives, marketing teams, and sales staff.
- Keeping informed on pricing analysis methods and industry trends.
Pricing Analyst Requirements:
- A Bachelor's degree in mathematics, statistics, finance, economics, or in a related field.
- A Master’s degree in business administration will be advantageous.
- A minimum of five years' experience as a pricing analyst in a similar industry.
- Proficiency in business intelligence (BI) software, such as Sisense and InetSoft Style Intelligence.
- In-depth knowledge of statistical methods and data analysis.
- Extensive experience in analyzing pricing strategies and forecasting revenue and market share.
- Experience in collaborating on pricing strategies with sales and marketing departments.
- Ability to keep abreast of industry trends and develop dynamic pricing tools.
- Advanced ability to present pricing analysis reports to relevant stakeholders.
- Excellent analytical and communication skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources