Portfolio Managers, also known as Investment Managers, Wealth Managers, or Asset Managers, focus on providing their clients with portfolios that are based on successful investment strategy, with the primary goal of generating a sufficient return on investment. Their clients may be individuals or institutional investors.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Portfolio Manager Job Description Template
We are looking for an experienced Portfolio Manager to create and manage investment portfolios for our clients. Responsibilities will include crafting investment packages, managing client expectations and transactions, and achieving our clients’ overall investment objectives.
To be successful as a Portfolio Manager you must be able to work efficiently and effectively in a collaborative and fast-paced environment. You will have experience in the financial services or investment sectors, and you will focus on providing portfolio recommendations to our clients based on in-depth financial market analyses.
Portfolio Manager Responsibilities:
- Generating an Investment Policy Statement, outlining our clients’ investment objectives.
- Constructing successful investment portfolios informed by market conditions, and economic trends.
- Buying and selling securities in client accounts to maintain a specific investment strategy, or to reach an investment objective.
- Determining acceptable risk levels for clients based on time frames, risk preferences, return expectations, and market conditions.
- Maintaining new and existing client relationships, including informing clients of market conditions, updating them on investment research and economic trends, and meeting with them to discuss their portfolio performance and investment objectives.
- Evaluating the performance of investment portfolios and ensuring compliance with standards provided by regulatory organizations, including conformance with investor disclosures, privacy laws, anti-money laundering requirements, and anti-fraud measures.
- Prospecting for new clients.
- Staying up to date with relevant investment and trading news, and economic trends.
Portfolio Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, or finance.
- Professional certification as a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), or similar qualification, such as a CPA.
- NASAA Series 66 and/or FINRA Series 7 licenses.
- 3 or more years’ professional portfolio management experience.
- Detailed understanding of capital markets.
- Exceptional analytical skills.
- Proficient in various financial management software, such as FactSet, Morningstar Direct, Bloomberg Terminal, and BlackRock Aladdin.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources