Pipe welders join and repair pipes, tubular components, and assemblies to specified standards. Pipe welders typically work on-site, often in cramped conditions and harsh climates.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Pipe Welder Job Description Template
We are looking for a Pipe Welder to assemble and maintain piping systems with high precision. The Pipe Welder's responsibilities include inspecting materials, maintaining tools, performing pre-welding preparations, welding components according to specifications and diligently following safety regulations. You should also be prepared to work in cramped places and harsh weather conditions.
To be successful as a Pipe Welder you should be able to study schematics and devise welding plans. A top Pipe Welder should work with great attention to detail and must be able to deliver a consistent and smooth weld.
Pipe Welder Responsibilities:
- Reading and interpreting blueprints and schematics.
- Determining the required tools, materials and welding methods.
- Assembling, installing and repairing pipe components and systems according to specifications.
- Inspecting materials, equipment, and tools.
- Maintaining supplies, equipment, and tools.
- Preparing working materials by clamping, cutting or applying chemical solutions to piping.
- Examining completed welds to ensure they are free of defects, smooth, and functional.
- Observing safety regulations.
Pipe Welder Requirements:
- High school diploma/GED required.
- Trade school diploma or completed apprenticeship.
- AWS certification.
- Experience as a Pipe Welder.
- Working knowledge of AWS, API, ANSI, and ASME codes and standards.
- Knowledge and experience with welding equipment and processes.
- Ability to troubleshoot and strong attention to detail.
- Excellent technical skills and the ability to interpret schematics.
- Good communication skills.
- Physical dexterity.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources