Interview Questions for Phlebotomists:
1. Phlebotomists require strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail. How do you ensure that your work is properly organized, and highly accurate?
Tests ability to organize specimens accurately.
2. Have you ever mixed up specimens or labeled a specimen incorrectly? If so, how did you remedy the situation?
Shows accountability and the ability to identify and fix mistakes.
3. Describe your method(s) for analyzing and testing specimens. Which diagnostic tests do you perform?
Tests of diagnostic ability.
4. A patient passes out while you are drawing blood. How do you handle the situation?
Tests interpersonal and patient management skills.
5. How do you stay up to date with new developments in the phlebotomy field?
Illustrates continuous training and professional development.