Also known as Phlebotomy Technicians, Phlebotomists draw blood from patients for various medical purposes, such as testing, research, or donations.
When interviewing Phlebotomists, the ideal candidate will be dedicated to their patients and will strive to provide the best patient care. Avoid candidates who lack the ability to connect with various types of patients, such as children and the elderly, and who are unable to put their patients at ease.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Phlebotomists:
1. Phlebotomists require strong organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail. How do you ensure that your work is properly organized, and highly accurate?
Tests ability to organize specimens accurately.
2. Have you ever mixed up specimens or labelled a specimen incorrectly? If so, how did you remedy the situation?
Shows accountability and the ability to identify and fix mistakes.
3. Describe your method(s) for analyzing and testing specimens. Which diagnostic tests do you perform?
Tests diagnostic ability.
4. A patient passes out while you are drawing blood. How do you handle the situation?
Tests interpersonal and patient management skills.
5. How do you stay up to date with new developments in the phlebotomy field?
Illustrates continuous training and professional development.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources