Pest Control Technicians help customers resolve their pest infestation problems. They identify the type of pest that is infesting homes, buildings, offices, and other structures and use either pesticides or manual solutions to get rid of them.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Pest Control Technician Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a knowledgeable Pest Control Technician to help customers identify and get rid of various pests. The Pest Control Technician’s responsibilities include inspecting customers’ premises, advising customers on possible treatment options, and clearing up any areas littered with work-related debris. You should also be able to efficiently carry out all duties without damaging customers’ property.
To be successful as a Pest Control Technician, you should be able to accurately adjust chemical mixtures based on the quantity needed to eliminate the identified pests. Ultimately, an exceptional Pest Control Technician should advise customers on additional services required for effective pest management programs.
Pest Control Technician Responsibilities:
- Determining the kind of treatment required to eliminate a particular type of pest.
- Advising customers on the kind of treatment required to eliminate identified pests.
- Inspecting customers’ premises to identify pest problems.
- Filling out all necessary paperwork upon completion of each job.
- Communicating with office staff in order to schedule services with customers.
- Applying suitable pesticides to infested areas by following the label instructions and complying with safety procedures.
- Responding to customers’ requests for various pest control services.
- Identifying opportunities to sell additional company services and products.
- Adjusting chemical mixtures according to the size of the infested areas.
Pest Control Technician Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Proven pest control experience.
- Licensed to perform pest control.
- The ability to work in all weather conditions.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources