Interview Questions for Pediatricians:
1. What common symptoms would you look for when diagnosing an infant that seems to be ill?
Demonstrates candidates' ability to examine visual and auditory cues, as well as their diagnostic and analytical skills.
2. What kind of information would you record in a patient's medical history?
Demonstrates candidates' record keeping abilities and attention to detail.
3. What kind of information and advice would you give to parents with a child diagnosed with muscular dystrophy?
Demonstrates candidates' knowledge of a child's growth and development as well as interpersonal and communication skills.
4. What steps would you take if you were unable to provide a satisfactory diagnosis?
Demonstrates candidates' teamworking abilities, as well as a willingness to accept their limitations and refer patients to specialists.
5. How do you remain current with developments in the field?
Demonstrates candidates' ability and willingness to conduct research and remain up to date.