Interview Questions for Pediatric Oncologists:
1. What method would you use to soothe or distract a child who is in pain from the medical treatment?
Demonstrates candidates' empathy and ability to relate to children.
2. What process do you use to make a diagnosis?
Demonstrates candidates' knowledge of pediatric cancers and blood disorders.
3. How would you counsel a family in dealing with their child's illness and its symptoms?
Demonstrates candidates' interpersonal and communication skills.
4. How would you determine the best treatment plan for a patient?
Demonstrates candidates' analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as knowledge of various treatments.
5. How would you respond if a colleague on your treatment team disagreed with your diagnosis or treatment plan?
Demonstrates candidates' team-working skills as well as problem-solving, interpersonal, and leadership abilities.