Interview Questions for Pediatric Nurses:
1. How would you identify symptoms from a child who is crying and uncommunicative?
Demonstrates candidates' ability to talk to children.
2. What steps would you take if you identified the signs of abuse on a child?
Demonstrates candidates' knowledge of pediatric care and state rules and regulations.
3. What advice would you give to parents concerning the homecare for a child with diabetes?
Demonstrates candidates' interpersonal skills and knowledge.
4. Has there been a time when you became impatient and short with a child and how did you react?
Look for candidates who acknowledge that everyone has bad days, but who can provide quality care despite that. Avoid candidates who cannot separate their work from their private lives.
5. How do you comfort and ease a dying child?
Demonstrates candidates' ability to handle stressful situations with compassion, as well as attention to detail in ensuring the child's comfort.