Pediatric Nurse Job Description Template
We are looking for a caring, dedicated pediatric nurse to be responsible for the medical and health care of children from birth to late teens. The pediatric nurse will discuss a child's symptoms and medical history, provide initial care, administer prescribed medication, and monitor the patient's progress. The pediatric nurse will also provide support to families and work with them to address their concerns, fears, problems, and options.
To be a successful pediatric nurse, you should be kind, compassionate, and caring towards children. You should have a broad knowledge of general pediatric nursing care and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Pediatric Nurse Responsibilities:
- Working with children and asking questions about their health for diagnosis and documenting patients' symptoms and medical history for the doctor.
- Assessing a child's needs and providing initial care.
- Identifying changes in children's symptoms and intervening in emergency situations.
- Participating in pain management for children.
- Administering medications, drawing blood, and giving childhood vaccinations following age-appropriate guidelines.
- Monitoring temperature, pulse, breathing, and blood pressure and keeping accurate records.
- Evaluating children for signs and symptoms of abuse.
- Providing supportive care to dying children.
- Dealing with the anxieties and demands of parents, and helping families to deal with their child's illness or injury.
- Remaining up to date on the latest developments, rules and regulations, drug therapies, equipment, and treatment procedures.
Pediatric Nurse Requirements:
- A bachelor's or associate's degree in nursing.
- Certification as a registered nurse for pediatric care.
- Experience in clinical work as a pediatric nurse.
- Good communication skills.
- Emotional and mental strength, dedication, and self-motivation.
- Empathy and the ability to relate to children.