Pediatric Surgeon Job Description Template
We are looking for an expert pediatric surgeon to be responsible for the diagnosis, preoperative, operative, and postoperative management of surgical problems in infants, children, adolescents, and young adults. The pediatric surgeon is knowledgeable on the surgical repair of birth defects, surgical techniques specific to each stage of child development, and the treatment of traumas in children.
To be a successful pediatric surgeon, you should have a high level of accuracy in pediatric surgeries and an expert knowledge of surgical techniques. You should be dedicated, caring, and compassionate with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Pediatric Surgeon Responsibilities:
- Examining young patients and diagnosing health issues for surgery.
- Ordering preoperative tests and physical examinations and interpreting results.
- Consulting with patients and family members regarding diagnosis and treatment options.
- Comforting young patients before operations.
- Performing surgical procedures to correct deformations, congenital problems, injuries, or treat illnesses.
- Monitoring postoperative recovery and educating family members regarding postoperative care.
- Collaborating and cooperating with all the specialists involved in a child's medical care to determine when or if surgery is an appropriate treatment option.
Pediatric Surgeon Requirements:
- A Medical degree and the successful completion of a residency and fellowship in pediatric surgery.
- A state license and certification to practice pediatric surgery.
- A keen interest in the treatment for and needs of children.
- A strong working knowledge of pediatric physiology and pharmacology.
- Excellent precision and dexterity in surgery.
- A compassionate and caring nature.
- Strong decision-making, leadership, and teamworking abilities.