Interview Questions for Pediatric Surgeons:
1. What methods have you discovered to be most effective in calming a scared child before surgery?
Demonstrates candidates' empathy and interpersonal skills.
2. What steps would you take to determine if surgery is a viable treatment option for a child?
Demonstrates candidates' analytical and decision-making abilities, as well as collaborative ability.
3. What precautions should you take when performing surgery on an infant?
Demonstrates candidates' attention to detail and precision, as well as knowledge of surgical techniques specific to each developmental stage.
4. How would you approach delivering difficult news to parents and family members?
Demonstrates candidates' interpersonal and communication skills, as well as the ability to work under pressure and stress.
5. How would you react if your treatment team of pediatric health professionals cannot agree on a treatment plan?
Demonstrates candidates' problem-solving and teamworking skills.