Interview Questions for Pediatric Geneticists:
1. How would you reassure a pediatric patient who is anxious?
Demonstrates compassion and the ability to provide support.
2. How do you resolve conflict with a parent of a patient?
Exhibits patience, understanding of the emotional needs of parents of patients, and conflict resolution tactics.
3. Do you have experience conducting genomic and biological research?
Demonstrates knowledge of research strategies and using it to treat and diagnose patients.
4. How do you stay up-to-date with scientific literature?
Indicates the candidate's knowledge of the appropriate scientific methods and procedures.
5. What has been your most challenging experience working in this position?
Provides insight into capabilities and the ability to manage stressful situations.