Interview Questions for Payroll Coordinators:
1. How do you go about resolving payroll issues?
Gives a general impression of the candidate's ability to investigate and solve problems.
2. How do you ensure that employee and payroll information is accurate and up-to-date?
Shows how the candidate organizes his/her work, how he/she reviews documentation, and maintains strong attention to detail.
3. Have you ever had to deal with an angry employee questioning your wage calculations?
Demonstrates people skills and the ability to remain calm while resolving payroll issues or queries.
4. How do you keep your knowledge of payroll practices and relevant legal regulations up-to-date?
Shows the candidate's commitment to their profession and the ability to stay abreast of industry knowledge and regulatory changes.
5. What payroll software programs are you familiar with?
Reveals the candidate's work experience and familiarity with payroll systems.