Also known as Emergency Medical Technicians, Paramedics provide on-site medical care to patients in the field. They are first responders and arrive at emergency medical scenes to treat individuals who have been involved in vehicle accidents, emergencies, or other crises.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Paramedic Job Description Template
We are looking for an experienced Paramedic to be a member of our team of healthcare professionals. Your primary responsibility will be to provide swift emergency medical care that will include responding to emergency calls, performing various medical procedures, administering medication, when needed, and transporting patients to healthcare facilities. You must be able to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
To be successful in this role you must be committed to providing the best patient care. You will be compassionate, focused, and able to collaborate with other first responders, such as police officers and firefighters.
- Driving the ambulance and/or other emergency vehicles.
- Responding to emergency calls and radio transmissions.
- Assessing patients on the scene and making preliminary diagnoses.
- Providing emergency medical treatment, including administering medication, pain relief, intravenous infusions, and dressing wounds/injuries.
- Employing specialist equipment, such as ventilators and defibrillators, when needed.
- Transporting patients to the emergency department of healthcare facilities, such as hospitals.
- Monitoring and tending to patients while in transit.
- Communicating with medical staff at healthcare facilities in order to provide patient information, including medical condition and treatment plan.
- Writing and submitting accurate incident and patient reports.
- Cleaning the ambulance/emergency vehicle and maintaining medical equipment.
- Diploma or bachelor’s degree in paramedical science.
- NREMT certification and must be registered with the relevant Health Professions Council.
- Proven experience as a Paramedic.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Knowledge of on-site medical procedures, terminology, and medications.
- Experience using medical equipment and devices.
- Able to work irregular hours, including weekends and national holidays.
- Excellent level of fitness, stamina, eyesight, and physical agility.
- Exceptional navigational and driving skills.
- Great communication skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources