Interview Questions for Paramedics:
1. Describe a time when you had to provide immediate medical attention to an injured individual. What procedure(s) did you carry out and did you follow any specific medical protocols?
Shows the ability to adhere to established medical protocols and procedures.
2. You are called to a crime scene. How would you carry out your role as Paramedic without disturbing evidence?
Shows they are knowledgeable in criminal procedure and that they will preserve evidence while successfully treating their patient.
3. Describe the most challenging call you have received, to date, as a Paramedic. How did you handle the situation?
Indicates the ability to remain calm in a challenging medical situation and evidences the skills required to be a successful emergency responder.
4. How do you prioritize medical treatment in the field?
Shows they understand triage principles.
5. How do you stay up to date with new treatments and medical procedures?
Illustrates continuous training and professional development.