Packaging Designers are responsible for designing cost-effective, attractive, and safe packaging for commercial products. They work closely with design and marketing teams to develop packaging ideas that best suit clients' needs.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Packaging Designer Job Description Template
We are looking for an experienced Packaging Designer to develop creative and cost-effective packaging designs for our products. As a Packaging Designer, you will work to develop functional, eye-catching packaging designs that resonate with our target market and comply with state health and safety regulations.
To ensure success as a Packaging Designer, you should have a good eye for style and in-depth knowledge of packaging regulations. A top-class Packaging Designer should be able to analyze market trends and create product packaging that is both eye-catching and functional.
Packaging Designer Responsibilities:
- Meeting with the design and marketing teams to discuss packaging specifications and confirm budgets.
- Evaluating market trends and analyzing similar packaging designs.
- Brainstorming packaging ideas using hand sketches, verbal cues, words, and design software.
- Ensuring packaging designs accurately represent the company’s brand and ethos.
- Selecting functional ideas and creating packaging mock-ups.
- Identifying suitable packaging materials and conducting feasibility studies.
- Collaborating with graphic designers and copywriters to finalize packaging text and graphics.
- Completing final mock-up designs using computer modeling software.
- Presenting final designs to stakeholders and company managers.
Packaging Designer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Design, Graphic Design, Art, or a similar field.
- Marketing experience would be preferable.
- Proven experience working as a Packaging Designer.
- Natural talent for design and a keen eye for detail.
- Experience with market research and product placement advertising.
- Familiarity with various packaging materials.
- Knowledge of consumer packaging health and safety regulations.
- Proficient with 3D design software including CAD or AutoCAD.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources