Packaging Designer Job Description Template
We are looking for an experienced packaging designer to develop creative and cost-effective packaging designs for our products. As a packaging designer, you will work to develop functional, eye-catching packaging designs that resonate with our target market and comply with state health and safety regulations.
To ensure success as a packaging designer, you should have a good eye for style and in-depth knowledge of packaging regulations. A top-class packaging designer should be able to analyze market trends and create product packaging that is both eye-catching and functional.
Packaging Designer Responsibilities:
- Meeting with the design and marketing teams to discuss packaging specifications and confirm budgets.
- Evaluating market trends and analyzing similar packaging designs.
- Brainstorming packaging ideas using hand sketches, verbal cues, words, and design software.
- Ensuring packaging designs accurately represent the company’s brand and ethos.
- Selecting functional ideas and creating packaging mock-ups.
- Identifying suitable packaging materials and conducting feasibility studies.
- Collaborating with graphic designers and copywriters to finalize packaging text and graphics.
- Completing final mock-up designs using computer modeling software.
- Presenting final designs to stakeholders and company managers.
Packaging Designer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial design, graphic design, art, or a similar field.
- Marketing experience would be preferable.
- Proven experience working as a packaging designer.
- Natural talent for design and a keen eye for detail.
- Experience with market research and product placement advertising.
- Familiarity with various packaging materials.
- Knowledge of consumer packaging health and safety regulations.
- Proficient with 3D design software including CAD or AutoCAD.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.