Mobile Collector Job Description Template
We are looking for a highly-skilled mobile collector to obtain medical sampling from the public at our mobile testing site. In this role, you will be responsible for safely collecting specimens, preventing contamination of samples, and controlling stock and supplies. You will also be required to accurately label specimens for dispatch to laboratories.
To ensure success, mobile collectors should exhibit extensive experience in taking biological test samples and demonstrate in-depth knowledge of personal protection methods. Outstanding candidates combine their medical sampling expertise with exceptional interpersonal skills.
Mobile Collector Responsibilities:
- Assisting with the preparation of workstations at mobile testing sites.
- Ensuring the proper use of prescribed biohazard Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Explaining sampling procedures to members of the public who arrive for testing.
- Providing the public with clear instructions when taking biological specimens.
- Following test kit instructions and taking samples as prescribed.
- Preventing contamination by applying standard specimen collection techniques.
- Ensuring that individual test samples are correctly labeled.
- Preserving sample integrity by regulating optimal storage conditions.
- Preparing test sample batches for speedy dispatch to laboratories.
- Ordering replenishments of medical supplies and PPE in a timely manner.
Mobile Collector Requirements:
- Certified healthcare worker qualification, such as a certified medical assistant, licensed vocational nurse, nurse practitioner, registered nurse, or similar.
- State-approved license to practice.
- At least 1 year of related work experience.
- In-depth knowledge of biological specimen collection techniques and procedures.
- Advanced ability to prevent personal exposure to biological hazards and to protect the public.
- Exceptional knowledge of preventing specimen contamination.
- Knowledge of sample preservation protocols.
- Ability to accurately label and prepare test batches for collection in a timely manner.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to guide the public through sample collection procedures.
- In-depth knowledge of personal protection best practices.