Medical Courier Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a medical courier with excellent organizational and administrative skills. Medical couriers are expected to have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
To ensure success, medical couriers should be reliable and professional with outstanding routing and directional skills, and a passion for delivering critical medical items punctually. Top candidates will possess effective record-keeping skills and work comfortably under tight deadlines to ensure the safe and efficient transportation of medical items.
Medical Courier Responsibilities:
- Receiving medical items and understanding instructions from the healthcare facility.
- Ensuring that medical items are securely stored in the delivery vehicle.
- Ensuring that the documentation corresponds to each item.
- Ensuring that all documentation is credible and accurate.
- Mapping out a route to the destination, considering traffic and mileage.
- Ensuring the punctual collection and delivery of medical items from the healthcare facility.
- Ensuring that recipients sign delivery receipts and designations are verified.
- Ensuring the safety of each item delivered.
- Logging mileage and maintenance information in the company logbook.
- Accurately counting and taking inventory of medical items to be collected or delivered.
- Performing all duties within HIPAA regulations.
Medical Courier Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree (advantageous).
- Current HIPAA certification (essential).
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record (essential).
- 2 years of experience as a medical courier (essential).
- Good knowledge of medical terminology, HIPAA regulations, ICD, and CPT coding.
- Innovative thinker with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail with the ability to multi-task.
- Strong organizational, administrative, and planning skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and react effectively to urgent situations.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work unsupervised with emphasis on punctuality.
- Physically fit with the ability to lift at least 20 pounds.
- Passionate about healthcare efficiency.