Medical Couriers are responsible for the transportation of medical items among labs, hospitals, clinics and other healthcare facilities. They manage pickups and deliveries, take orders and send invoices to medical clients.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Medical Courier Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a Medical Courier with excellent organizational and administrative skills. Medical Couriers are expected to have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
To ensure success, Medical Couriers should be reliable and professional with outstanding routing and directional skills, and a passion for delivering critical medical items punctually. Top candidates will possess effective record keeping skills and work comfortably under tight deadlines to ensure the safe and efficient transportation of medical items.
Medical Courier Responsibilities:
- Receive medical item and understand instructions from healthcare facility.
- Ensure that medical item/s are securely stored in the delivery vehicle.
- Ensure that the documentation corresponds to each item.
- Ensure that all documentation is credible and accurate.
- Map out route to destination, considering traffic and mileage.
- Ensure the punctual collection and delivery of medical items from healthcare facility.
- Ensure that recipients sign delivery receipts and designations are verified.
- Ensure the safety of each item delivered.
- Log mileage and maintenance information on company logbook.
- Accurately count and take inventory of medical items to be collected or delivered.
- Perform all duties within HIPAA regulations.
Medical Courier Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree (advantageous).
- Current HIPAA certification (essential).
- Valid drivers license and clean driving record (essential).
- 2 years of experience as a Medical Courier (essential).
- Good knowledge of medical terminology, HIPAA regulations, ICD and CPT coding.
- Innovative thinker with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail with the ability to multi-task.
- Strong organizational, administrative and planning skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and react effectively to urgent situations.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work unsupervised with emphasis on punctuality.
- Physically fit with the ability to lift at least 20 pounds.
- Passionate about healthcare efficiency.