Interview Questions for Medical Billing Clerks:
1. What qualities should a medical billing clerk possess and why?
Evaluates the candidate's understanding of the qualities required to perform well.
2. What do you do to expand your knowledge of issues related to medical billing?
Determines the candidate’s willingness to self-educate in order to stay abreast of billing trends.
3. How do you deal with patients whose medical bills are seriously overdue?
Evaluates the candidate’s interpersonal skills and reveals how they manage overdue accounts.
4. Which medical billing software system would you recommend and why?
Assesses the candidate’s work experience on accounting software packages.
5. How do you cope when you have a very rude client and your patience is stretched?
Assesses the candidate’s ability to cope under pressure and to remain polite.