Interview Questions for Mechanical Designers:
1. Which product or device that you worked on from inception to completion have you felt especially proud of?
Highlights the candidate's experience and passion for the role.
2. What software are you currently using and how would you rate it?
Evaluates the candidate's technical knoledge and analytical ability.
3. Have you ever identified a serious problem that others overlooked? If so, what was the problem?
Determines the candidate's awareness and process to prevent mistakes.
4. What methods do you use to ensure that equipment meets client specifications?
Evaluates the candidate's attention to detail.
5. If a mechanical system upgrade you recommend is rejected, how do you handle it?
Assesses the candidate’s interpersonal and conflict-resolution skills.