Also known as Marine Maintenance Technicians, Marine Service Technicians repair and maintain boats and other watercraft. Marine Service Technicians use their knowledge, experience, and skills to repair and install engines, navigational equipment, operating systems, pumps, and steering mechanisms. They also maintain fiberglass, metal, and woodwork.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Marine Service Technician Job Description Template
We are looking for a reliable, self-assured Marine Service Technician to perform maintenance and repairs on a variety of marine watercraft. The Marine Service Technician's responsibilities include regular inspection and testing of engines, propellers, and steering mechanisms, as well as replacing valves and bolts. You should also be able to purchase the required tools and supplies.
To be successful as a Marine Service Technician, you should have excellent attention to detail and strong self-discipline. An outstanding Marine Service Technician demonstrates great hand-eye coordination and should be able to follow written and verbal instructions.
Marine Service Technician Responsibilities:
- Cleaning, repairing, and maintaining all parts of the boat or vessel.
- Reading through repair and installation orders to determine the material, time, and equipment required.
- Scraping away old paint, barnacles, and debris from vessels.
- Removing and replacing rotted or rusted sections of the vessel.
- Constructing replacement parts using drawings, saws, and various hand and power tools.
- Testing engines, propellers, steering, and navigational equipment.
- Mixing and applying paint, wax, and gel coats.
- Liaising and consulting with the supervisor and other relevant professionals and vendors.
Marine Service Technician Requirements:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Relevant certificate may be required.
- Practical experience with tools and equipment used in marine maintenance.
- Ability to read and understand technical manuals.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good customer service skills.
- A willingness to learn and accept constructive feedback.
- The ability to carry heavy loads and to stand, sit, and stoop for prolonged periods.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources