Major Gifts Officers, also known as Development Coordinators, work for NGOs and non-profit organizations to secure funding and to build relationships with philanthropic donors.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Major Gifts Officer Job Description Template
We are seeking a passionate Major Gifts Officer to help us raise the funds that our organization needs to operate effectively and to serve our community. The Major Gifts Officer will be responsible for creating and maintaining relationships with our donors, securing funds, and reporting back on how much financing you have been able to generate. You should also form strategic partnerships within our organization to promote its objectives.
To be successful as a Major Gifts Officer, you should be a people's person with excellent communication and negotiation skills. Top candidates will be able to solve problems and develop individualized strategies that work for different donors.
Major Gifts Officer Responsibilities:
- Raising funds for our organization.
- Researching and meeting with potential new donors.
- Maintaining and building relationships with our current donors.
- Preparing private and public acknowledgments to thank donors.
- Developing individual fundraising strategies that work for each donor.
- Creating monthly reports that outline the funding secured.
- Meeting with other members of the organization to ensure that our objectives align.
Major Gifts Officer Requirements:
- High school diploma.
- Degree in Public Relations, Finance, or related field.
- Prior experience in sales or fundraising.
- A solid understanding of finances and budgeting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to travel when required.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources