Also known as Award Managers or Budgets and Grants Manager, Grants Managers are tasked with planning and implementing grant programs, directing grant structure, drafting budget plans, training staff, monitoring and recording expenditure, monitoring compliance, and measuring project outcomes.
The ideal candidate should possess an ability to prioritize tasks, good general knowledge of business, and excellent interpersonal skills. Be wary of candidates with poor self-presentation, poor communication skills, and a lack of knowledge of grant management best practices.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Grants Manager Interview Questions
1. How do you keep up-to-date with ever-changing donor environments and grant program trends?
Look for candidates that constantly research and update their donor databases. Candidates should also demonstrate thorough knowledge of the funding environment.
2. How do you deal with a dissatisfied donor agency or client?
Look for candidates with strong problem solving and conflict resolution techniques. Candidates should also be able to rally staff to meet donor expectations and ensure continued donor support.
3. What is your approach to financial planning and grant program budgeting?
Look for candidates that demonstrate sound budgeting and financial planning techniques. Also, candidates should be able to delicately balance competing financial interests.
4. What tools and techniques do you use to measure success or failure of a grant program?
Look for candidates that demonstrate knowledge of data analysis. Candidates should also be able to accurately gauge if grant objectives were met, and if not, how to improve results.
5. What do you find challenging about accurately monitoring expenditure and budgeting in general?
Look for candidates that are honest about challenges. Candidates should also demonstrate a willingness to collaborate with senior management and the finance team.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources