Magento Developers specialize in building and maintaining eCommerce websites using Magento 1x and 2x frameworks. The duties of a Magento Developer include meeting with the design team, developing Magento modules, coding the templates, troubleshooting interface issues, testing website performance, and updating security patches.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Magento Developer Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a skilled Magento Developer to build and maintain eCommerce websites for our clients. As a Magento Developer, you will be responsible for liaising with the design team, setting up Magento 1x and 2x sites, building modules and customizing extensions, testing the performance of each site, and maintaining security and feature updates after the installation is complete.
To ensure success as a Magento Developer, you should have excellent object-orientated programming knowledge, hold certifications for Java and Magento development, and be able to project manage. Ultimately, a high-level Magento Developer can build and maintain a user-friendly eCommerce platform that perfectly meets the needs of the client.
Magento Developer Responsibilities:
- Meeting with the design team to discuss the needs of the company.
- Building and configuring Magento 1x and 2x eCommerce websites.
- Coding of the Magento templates.
- Developing Magento modules in PHP using best practices.
- Designing themes and interfaces.
- Setting performance tasks and goals.
- Troubleshooting integration issues.
- Updating website features and security patches.
Magento Developer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience with complete eCommerce lifecycle development.
- Understanding of modern UI/UX trends.
- Knowledge of Google Tag Manager, SEO, Google Analytics, PPC, and A/B Testing.
- Good working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to project-manage and work to strict deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources