ETL Developer Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a skilled ETL developer to design and fill a data warehousing environment for our company. Your duties will include consulting with the data management team, reviewing the storage needs of the company, creating a data warehouse, extracting data from company servers, filling the new warehouse, and testing it upon completion.
To ensure success as an ETL developer, you should have extensive knowledge of coding languages and warehouse architecture and be able to clearly communicate your ideas to the company. Ultimately, a top-level ETL developer can create a highly efficient and customized warehouse environment that perfectly suits the data storage needs of the company.
ETL Developer Responsibilities:
- Consulting with data management teams to get a big-picture idea of the company’s data storage needs.
- Presenting the company with warehousing options based on their storage needs.
- Designing and coding the data warehousing system to desired company specifications.
- Conducting preliminary testing of the warehousing environment before data is extracted.
- Extracting company data and transferring it into the new warehousing environment.
- Testing the new storage system once all the data has been transferred.
- Troubleshooting any issues that may arise.
- Providing maintenance support.
ETL Developer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field.
- Extensive knowledge of coding languages, including Java, XML, and SQL.
- Proficiency in warehousing architecture techniques, including MOLAP, ROLAP, ODS, DM, and EDW.
- Proven work experience as an ETL developer.
- Strong project management skills.
- Ability to analyze a company’s big-picture data needs.
- Clear communication skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve complex technical problems.