Loss Prevention Officers typically work in retail outlets, where they strive to prevent theft of and malicious damage to the store's products. Loss Prevention Officers often wear civilian clothes in order to remain inconspicuous.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Loss Prevention Officer Job Description Template
We are looking for an eagle-eyed Loss Prevention Officer to monitor the movement of our stock. The Loss Prevention Officer will be required to conduct surveillance, detect and act on suspicious activity, and ensure the recovery of stolen items. Where necessary, you should involve the authorities.
To be successful as a Loss Prevention Officer, you should possess the ability to conceal yourself in plain sight. An outstanding Loss Prevention Officer would be willing to place themselves in potentially dangerous situations in order to maintain public safety.
Loss Prevention Officer Responsibilities:
- Walking around the store as you search for suspicious activity by clients and staff.
- Monitoring previous and live security feeds to detect dubious behavior.
- Approaching and questioning individuals who seem to be acting suspiciously.
- Frisking individuals thought to be in unlawful possession of our products.
- Apprehending thieves and holding them in a separate area as you wait for the authorities.
- Providing eyewitness accounts at police stations, in court, and at other pertinent meetings.
- Recovering stolen products and returning these to the floor.
- Recording all attempted and successful thefts.
- Searching for and reporting on vulnerabilities in our security systems.
- Brainstorming ways to prevent theft and vandalism in and around our store.
Loss Prevention Officer Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience as a Loss Prevention Officer, Mall Security Guard, or similar.
- Experience working undercover is preferred.
- Self-defense training is highly advantageous.
- License to carry non-lethal weapons is suggested.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work undetected, if needed.
- Perceptive and intuitive with excellent judgment.
- Capacity to perform duties with speed and precision.
- Physically fit.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources