Interview Questions for Loss Prevention Officers:
1. Which areas of a store are prone to security breaches?
Examines pertinent knowledge.
2. What distinguishes an anxious customer from a suspicious one?
Highlights knowledge about human behavior.
3. How would you react if a suspicious customer accused you of racial profiling?
Shows sensitivity to racial dynamics and the ability to calm stressful encounters.
4. How would you address a case of theft within the team?
Tests the ability to set aside personal feelings in order to perform one's duties.
5. When would it be appropriate to call the authorities?
Assesses an understanding of one's functions and limitations.