Key Holder Interview Questions:
1. Walk me through your store setup process in the morning. What do you do?
Candidates should describe a detailed, methodical approach to their morning setup, which includes disarming the alarm system, switching on the lights and ensuring that the store is clean and presentable.
2. You get to the store early in the morning but realize you've forgotten the store key. What do you do?
Candidates should describe the steps they take to ensure that they never forget the store key and should have detailed plans in place in the event that they forget, such as having a second key. Look for methodical approaches to organization.
3. What, in you opinion, is the most important quality in a Key Holder?
Candidates should list responsibility and good people skills as the chief attributes of a key holder.
4. A customer is being difficult to deal with. How do you respond?
Candidates should ensure that they remain calm and professional when dealing with difficult customers, while utilizing excellent communication skills to both listen to their concerns and offer them assistance.
5. Describe a time when you made a mistake in your duties. How did you rectify it?
Candidates should acknowledge the importance of diligence in their duties and how an oversight can lead to break-ins at the store. Look for stories where candidates erred, rectified their error and learned a valuable lesson from the experience.