Junior web developers are responsible for assisting with the creation of websites and updating existing web applications using scripting languages. They work under the supervision of senior developers, assisting with coding, testing, design adjustments and client reviews.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Junior Web Developer Job Description Template
We are looking for a dynamic junior web developer to join our team. You will be assisting with website builds, implementing new design features, and working to ensure that the underlying structure of a client's website is correct. You will be taking direction from senior developers and assisting with all aspects of website and application design.
To ensure success as a junior web developer, you need to possess excellent website design skills and meticulous attention to detail. Ultimately, a top-notch junior web developer should be able to work well under pressure in a highly technical environment.
Junior Web Developer Responsibilities:
- Assisting the web development team with all aspects of website and application design.
- Assisting with the testing and maintenance of backend and front end applications.
- Brainstorming new tech applications such as digital storage and mobile technology.
- Collaborating with developers to implement new web features.
- Keeping up-to-date with the latest technology and programming trends.
- Converting video, audio, written, and graphic components into compatible formats for the web.
- Using user feedback to identify and correct problems with a client's website.
Junior Web Developer Requirements:
- A Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science, or a similar field.
- At least 2 years' working experience as a junior web developer.
- Experience working with coding languages such as HTML, Python JQuery, JSOn, and Ajax.
- Solid understanding of web design and development principles.
- Good planning, analytical, and decision-making skills.
- A portfolio of web design and projects you've worked on.
- Critical-thinking skills.
- Flexibility in the workplace.
- In-depth knowledge of software prototyping and UX design tools.
- Goal-orientated and deadline-driven.
Similar Job Descriptions
Related Hiring Resources