Junior Web Developer Job Description Template
We are looking for a dynamic junior web developer to join our team. You will be assisting with website builds, implementing new design features, and working to ensure that the underlying structure of a client's website is correct. You will be taking direction from senior developers and assisting with all aspects of website and application design.
To ensure success as a junior web developer, you need to possess excellent website design skills and meticulous attention to detail. Ultimately, a top-notch junior web developer should be able to work well under pressure in a highly technical environment.
Junior Web Developer Responsibilities:
- Assisting the web development team with all aspects of website and application design.
- Assisting with the testing and maintenance of backend and front-end applications.
- Brainstorming new tech applications such as digital storage and mobile technology.
- Collaborating with developers to implement new web features.
- Keeping up-to-date with the latest technology and programming trends.
- Converting video, audio, written, and graphic components into compatible formats for the web.
- Using user feedback to identify and correct problems with a client's website.
Junior Web Developer Requirements:
- A bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science, or a similar field.
- At least 2 years' working experience as a junior web developer.
- Experience working with coding languages such as HTML, Python JQuery, JSON, and Ajax.
- Solid understanding of web design and development principles.
- Good planning, analytical, and decision-making skills.
- A portfolio of web design and projects you've worked on.
- Critical-thinking skills.
- Flexibility in the workplace.
- In-depth knowledge of software prototyping and UX design tools.
- Goal-orientated and deadline-driven.