Inside Sales Executive Job Description Template
We are looking to employ an enthusiastic and customer-oriented inside sales executive to generate quality leads as well as follow up on inbound email and telephone inquiries. The inside sales executive's responsibilities include updating the CRM system on a regular basis, upselling and cross-selling to existing customers, as well as attending industry events and educational workshops as required. You should also be able to conduct research on market trends and competitors' products.
To be successful as an inside sales executive, you should be persuasive and committed to achieving sales goals. Ultimately, a top-performing inside sales executive should be able to demonstrate strong negotiation, communication, and customer service skills at all times.
Inside Sales Executive Responsibilities:
- Maintaining long-lasting relationships with existing customers through exceptional after-sales service.
- Actively sourcing new sales opportunities through cold-calling and emailing.
- Developing in-depth knowledge of product features and benefits.
- Utilizing virtual meetings to build relationships with new customers.
- Processing customers' purchase orders and liaising with the logistics department to ensure the timely delivery of ordered products.
- Advising customers on suitable product selection based on their needs and specifications.
- Creating a sales pipeline to accurately reflect the relative placement of sales prospects in the purchasing process.
- Following up on sales inquiries that are made by potential customers through website chats, emails, and inbound calls.
- Setting up face-to-face meetings between potential customers and Outside Sales Representatives.
Inside Sales Executive Requirements:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration or management, marketing, or related field is preferred.
- Proficiency in all microsoft office applications and customer relationship management (CRM) software.
- Proven sales experience.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent negotiation and consultative sales skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.