Information Specialist Job Description Template
We are looking to hire a dynamic information specialist to join our company. In this role, your duties will include researching and collecting data to ensure that our company's information systems are streamlined and up-to-date. You'll also develop procedures to organize and distribute data reports to internal and external parties.
To ensure success as an information specialist, you should be able to use analytics to improve a variety of complex information systems. Ultimately, a top-notch information specialist should possess excellent research and data management skills to uphold the company's professional standing, and should be able to foster good client relations.
Information Specialist Responsibilities:
- Managing information systems by assessing a company's data processes and procedures, such as stocktaking, record-keeping, filing systems, and information distribution.
- Identifying data sources and collecting information through surveying and research.
- Implementing data storage methods and assisting with the digitization of files.
- Ensuring information systems are streamlined and working properly in accordance with best data practices.
- Assisting clients with retrieving relevant information from the company's database, such as price lists and updated services.
- Creating and disseminating updates on data processes and procedures to staff, management, and shareholders.
- Writing and presenting annual data summary reports for management review.
Information Specialist Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in computer systems, information systems, or a similar field.
- At least 2 years of experience as an information specialist.
- Strong knowledge of data processes and information systems.
- Familiarity with programming languages, such as Java, Perl, Python, or BASH.
- Excellent research skills and the ability to interpret analytical data to assess and improve information systems.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Suite and Office tools.
- The ability to manage multiple projects under minimal supervision with excellent attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment.