Information Security Officers are responsible for planning and enforcing security policies to protect an organization's computer network and data storage.
When interviewing Information Security Officer candidates, look for individuals with an ability to analyze and solve problems using their broad knowledge of information security. Be wary of candidates with poor communication skills, as Information Security Officers should be able to effectively train their co-workers on best practices for maintaining security.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Information Security Officers:
1. Have you ever worked for a company that had a security breach? How was it handled?
Reveals the candidate's experience, and their crisis management abilities.
2. What are some common ways that employees might inadvertently increase risk?
Tests the candidate's understanding of regular computer users, and how they could be educated to minimize risk.
3. What are some current developments in information security?
Tests the candidate's ability to keep up to date with the latest security developments.
4. How do you go about identifying potential vulnerabilities?
Reveals the candidate's analytical ability and methodology.
5. What are the biggest threats to information security?
Tests the candidate's knowledge of security threats.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources