Infant Teacher Job Description Template
We are looking to employ a qualified Infant Teacher, who has a passion for instilling values in young children. The Infant Teacher should possess high energy and the ability to handle the demands of babies and toddlers with different personalities and needs.
To ensure success, the infant teacher should display a gentle and nurturing personality, and the patience to assist each infant or child to mature cognitively. They should be able to assist in developing the infants’ and children's social skills as they interact with each other.
Infant Teacher Responsibilities:
- Guiding babies and toddlers through education/development programs.
- Thinking on their feet and responding to each child’s needs efficiently.
- Displaying a patient and calm personality coupled with a loving approach to every child.
- Contributing positively to the behavior and social interaction of the children.
- Building secure relationships with the children.
- Working closely with the principal and department head to ensure that guidelines are adhered to.
- Keeping a diary of the day’s events for parent perusal.
- Reporting accidents, illness, and unusual behavior of children to the principal, head of department, and parents.
- Ensuring close communication with parents throughout the day should the need arise.
Infant Teacher Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in early childhood development.
- High school diploma or associate degree (recommended).
- CPR certified and trained.
- Complete background check and health examination.
- Previous experience in a preschool.
- A passion for working with babies and toddlers.
- Patient, nurturing and thoughtful.
- Good communication skills.
- Maintain discretion around children's records.