Incident Manager Job Description Template
We are looking for a dynamic incident manager to join our IT department. In this role, you'll be in charge of leading the incident management process to resolution and restoring our company's provided IT operations swiftly. You will also log and categorize recurring incidents to improve incident management protocols.
To be a successful incident manager, you should have an aptitude for picking up new technologies and procedures. Ultimately, an outstanding incident manager should excel at multitasking and remain judicious during major incidents.
Incident Manager Responsibilities:
- Overseeing the incident management process and team members involved in resolving the incident.
- Responding to a reported service incident, identifying the cause, and initiating the incident management process.
- Prioritizing incidents according to their urgency and influence on the business.
- Producing documents that outline incident protocols such as how to handle cybersecurity threats or how to correct server failures.
- Collaborating with the incident management team to ensure that all protocols are diligently followed.
- Logging all incidents and their resolution to see if there are recurring malfunctions.
- Adjusting the incident management process as required to ensure its effectiveness.
- Communicating with upper management if major issues are found in the IT system.
- Managing the incident team members by re-assigning workloads and re-scheduling non-urgent tasks.
Incident Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, engineering, or a related field.
- At least three year's experience working in IT service management, or a similar role.
- Strong knowledge of IT service management software including ITIL and COBIT.
- Experience working with IT systems and software such as SolarWinds, Zabbix, and Nagios XI.
- Solid knowledge of programming languages, such as SQL, Java, C++, and Scala.
- Excellent managerial skills and ability to collaborate with team members.
- Ability to analyze a high volume of technical data and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and time management skills.