Human resources (HR) representatives work within the human resources department of an organization and support the organization's employee-related goals. They support employees, assist with recruitment and onboarding, and maintain the security of the employees' records.
When interviewing HR representatives, look for candidates who demonstrate a strong working knowledge of HR rules and regulations, interview techniques, and HR software. Be wary of candidates who lack excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for HR Representatives:
1. What methods have you found effective when mediating disputes between employees?
Illustrates the candidate's problem-solving, interpersonal, and communication skills.
2. What experience do you have with managing an HR Information System?
Demonstrates the candidate's experience with and knowledge of HR-related software.
3. Which duty do you most enjoy in your role as an HR representative?
Indicates the candidate's work experience and their knowledge of the role.
4. How would you measure the success of the HR department's services?
Showcases the candidate's industry knowledge as well as their critical thinking and analytical skills.
5. What would you do if an employee came to you with a complaint about a manager?
Indicates the candidate's discretion, adherence to HR policies, and ability to advocate for employees.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources