A Human Resources (HR) Generalist is a professional who oversees the human resources responsibilities and activities of an organization. They manage recruitment processes, employee relations, regulatory compliance, and training and development.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
HR Generalist Job Description Template
We are looking to employ an HR Generalist with outstanding analytical and communication skills. An HR Generalist is expected to be a conceptual thinker with fantastic organizational and conflict management skills. You will have excellent negotiation and problem solving skills with the ability to multitask and adapt in a fast-paced environment.
To ensure success, HR Generalists should exhibit strong decision-making skills with a deep understanding of employee relationships, staffing management and training. Top candidates will be comfortable managing grey areas, effective at scheduling and methodical in the recruitment process.
HR Generalist Responsibilities:
- Assist with all internal and external HR related matters.
- Participate in developing organizational guidelines and procedures.
- Recommend strategies to motivate employees.
- Assist with the recruitment process by identifying candidates, conducting reference checks and issuing employment contracts.
- Investigate complaints brought forward by employees.
- Coordinate employee development plans and performance management.
- Perform orientations and update records of new staff.
- Manage the organization’s employee database and prepare reports.
- Produce and submit reports on general HR activity.
- Assist with budget monitoring and payroll.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest HR trends and best practice.
HR Generalist Requirements:
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources or related (essential).
- 2 years of experience as an HR Coordinator (essential).
- Deep understanding of Labor Law and employment equity regulations.
- Efficient HR administration and people management skills.
- Excellent record keeping skills.
- Fantastic knowledge of HR functions and best practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Works comfortably under pressure and meets tight deadlines.
- Superb computer literacy with capability in email, MS Office and related HR software.
- Remarkable organizational and conflict management skills.
- Strong decision-making and problem solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.