Housekeeping Supervisors are responsible for overseeing the work of housekeeping staff employed by either hotels, resorts, universities, hospitals, or other facilities that require regular cleaning. They ensure that housekeeping staff complies with established safety and sanitation policies.
When interviewing Housekeeping Supervisors, the most suitable candidate will demonstrate efficiency, strong leadership skills, and working knowledge of housekeeping. Be wary of candidates with low energy, ineffective communication skills, and poor organizational skills.
Post to over 100+ job boards.
Reach over 150 million candidates.
Completely free trial, no credit card required.
Interview Questions for Housekeeping Supervisors:
1. What do you think is the most important aspect of a new staff member's training?
Demonstrates the candidate's housekeeping knowledge and experience.
2. What steps do you take to ensure that the housekeeping staff's duties are performed properly?
Demonstrates the candidate's leadership and communication skills.
3. What do you do in a situation where a staff member refuses to do something that falls within his/her job description?
Demonstrates the candidate's leadership skills and experience.
4. What do you do in situations where many staff members are absent?
Demonstrates the candidate's industry knowledge, experience, and ability to think under pressure.
5. How do you deal with two staff members that are arguing over missing cleaning supplies?
Demonstrates the candidate's conflict resolution skills, communication skills, and experience.
Similar Interview Questions
Related Hiring Resources