Hospitalist Job Description Template
We are looking for a qualified hospitalist to join our team of physicians in providing excellent in-house patient care. You will be responsible for managing the entire treatment process for our patients by creating and recommending treatment plans, recording medical histories, and updating information for existing patient records.
A successful candidate should have an excellent bedside manner with an ability to put patients at ease during treatment. Ultimately, you should have a strong knowledge base and a dedication to the general health and well-being of your patients.
- Providing excellent patient care.
- Creating and recommending treatment plans.
- Taking patient medical histories.
- Updating patient information and charts with the latest findings and treatments.
- Ordering tests for health care staff to administer.
- Reviewing and interpreting test results.
- Responding to questions and concerns from patients about their health care and well-being.
- Discussing proper nutrition, hygiene, and self-care with patients to promote good health.
- Working with various medical staff, such as anesthesiologists, surgeons, and nurses, to provide patient care.
- Ph.D., MD, or professional degree in medicine from an accredited medical school.
- Current MD or DO license for the state.
- Certification in BCLS, ACLS may be required if stress tests are performed, or as required by specialty.
- Current State and Federal Narcotics Licenses.
- 5 years of physician or hospitalist experience.
- Experience with hospital medicine.