Hospitalist Job Description Template
We are looking for a qualified hospitalist to join our team of physicians in providing excellent in-house patient care. You will be responsible for managing the entire treatment process for patients who have been admitted to our facility by creating and recommending treatment plans, recording medical histories, and updating information for existing patient records with the most recent findings.
A successful candidate will be a state-certified physician with at least 5 years of general practice or hospitalist experience.
- Provide excellent patient care.
- Create and recommend treatment plans.
- Take patient medical histories.
- Update patient information and charts with the latest findings and treatments.
- Order tests for health care staff to administer.
- Review and interpret test results.
- Respond to questions and concerns from patients about their health care and well-being.
- Discuss proper nutrition, hygiene, and self-care with patients to promote good health.
- Work with various medical staff such as an anesthesiologist, surgeons, and nurses to provide patient care.
- Ph.D., MD, or professional degree in medicine from an accredited medical school.
- Current M.D. or D.O. license for the state.
- Certification in BCLS, ACLS required if stress tests performed or as required by specialty.
- Current State and Federal Narcotics Licenses.
- 5 years of physician or hospitalist experience.
- Experience with hospital medicine.